www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Friday, March 19, 2004

 
Working? and The Nature Of Work
Ok, excuse me - I've been fiddling with the strings-and-bolts behind here, and I'm not quite sure just how well everything's working now. A choice: sleep or work, sleep or work? My body says sleep, sleep, for the love of God and Body, sleep. Work in the morning. Work when you're fresh, when you can think, when the work will (might) amount to something. My mind smugly reminds me that - since it's me - this probably translates to work when you can't push it forward anymore, when you can't put it off onto or blame someone else, when you can't do anything good by it. (Suddenly, I'm glad I don't have commenting up yet - my lord! What lectures I'd get for this post! Or at any rate, "I knnnnnew it!" posts ...). My mind hates my body, and wishes it could be exchanged for a new one at the supermarket. A better looking one. A better *working* one. One which didn't insist on going flip-flop all over the place when it's tired (like now). One which could hold a beat, which could atleast move in time with a rhythm. One which didn't need everything taught to it step by step by step. Was about to write how my body hates my mind, but, ah-ha! - just remembered, bodies don't think. Or maybe they do. I don't know what my body wants to tell my brain, if they do. Probably "Relax! One step a time!" and "Don't get so distracted! There are only 24 hours in a day, and I want to be able to sleep for atleast seven! Please!!!!!" And what do I make of all this disharmony? This opposite of "Mens sana in corpore sano"? Ummm. Mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm. Good night, y'all.

This post was posted by Unknown at 2:36 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home