www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Sunday, November 21, 2004

 
I should get myself a Wiki

So much easier to put the random thought down than in a blog! (And, I'm guessing, so much easier to get it to work). Ah, well. I really want it on SPS, but I can't get anything as simple and elegant as UseMod outside of Perl ... let's see. If All Else Fails, I can just set up something at http://mybiome.com/~gaurav/, but I suppose that'll be a last-resort sort-of thing.

Anyway, why I'm here: idea for a short story. Guy's company is taken hostage, who kidnaps the guy's only daughter from the creche. The security try to take back control of the situation, but the daughter ends up being killed. Jump twenty years ahead. The guy is still around, missing his d., etc. We soon realise that the company is a time-jump company, who send people back in time for a fee. People want to know why he doesn't go back in time and try to change what happened, but he jokes about the cost. A young technician goes back in time, and discovers the dreadful answer: the man had tried to fix the problem, but realised that there were only two options - either the daughter died, or the kidnapper killed everyone in the building. The lesser of two evils prevailed.

This post was posted by Unknown at 6:13 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home