www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

 
When the rain comes ...

It's raining in Singapore. Drip, drop, drip, drop. Softly, quietly, patiently. It feels like pathetic fallacy (don't you just hate that phrase?)

On a slightly different note: according to blogger, this is my 201st post on this blog, not counting deleted posts. In case you're curious, two hundred and one posts ago came this lil ditty, and this was my first month as a blogger. Interesting that nothing much's changed since then - the exact same things which bothered me in March still bother me today, the same worries, the same fears; and on the other side of the card, the same things still turn me on, the same things turn me off. My position in the world is much the same, and mostly, it feels like the same old same old, once more.

On the other hand, some things (despite my best intentions, I suppose) have changed. Bush has been re-elected. While I can still be pretty edgy most of the time, I'm a little more stable. While this semester is quite screwed up already, I am going to try and salvage what's left. I have some dreams of where I'd want to be, or what I'd want to be doing, with my life - well, okay, very shaky ground there, but it's slightly better than March, I suppose.

I swear more now, atleast in my internal monologue. And I'm a lot angrier these days. And more lonely. I have more friends now, and also less. I still enjoy a good movie, or a great book, and love television. I still love programming. And I still love dreaming. And I can still recite the Gayatri mantra.

To bring this wandering post to a close: much has changed, much abides. The world turns, and the future turns into the present, and the present into the past. That which was is no more (no, really, no more) and only that which comes can change what is. Pain leads on to pleasure, because pain is the mother of pleasure, as pleasure is the mother of pain herself. And thus turns the world.

Good day.

(oh, and in case you missed it: my proto-blog, my first attempt at putting my thoughts 'out there', is still available right here)

This post was posted by Unknown at 2:40 pm

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home