www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 
With the words you've borrowed

Post #443. I just saw my second episode of House (yes, at 3am - slept from 9:00 to 11:30 though), which - ironically - is also the first episode of House I've ever seen. The one about the kid who's hand has to be amputated. I'd like to go off on a tangent about amputations or medicine, but to stay on topic for a bit: it was a bit disappointing, because - having seen the ending before - I already knew the 'solution' to the mystery. It being House, it was still good fun though ("Let's assume for a moment that the world doesn't revolve around Cuddy's roof ..."; "[after suddenly breaking out into fluent Spanish] I swear I didn't understand a word I was saying"; "[after leaving the room, to the Spanish-only speaker] Sayonara!").

And, predictably enough (ha!), it ends with "Delicate". I don't think I could completely express exactly how that makes me feel right now. Bear in mind that two weeks ago, when it was "Hallelujah", I was thinking, it's going to be "Delicate" one of those days. I suppose the upside of happiness is that both songs are out of the way, and I can sit back and just enjoy House from herein on.

Okay, I exaggerate. It's always just a little more fun swirling in the twists and turns of the strangeness of life than just sitting there – hey, can you follow your own story in the theme music of television shows? Not unless you're partially delusional, I guess! – and I guess it's nice to know that memories will be linked up with episodes which will still be around a year, a decade, a century down the line. And it's nice to remember ... the only thing more depressing than not being in love is not being to remember; the irony obviously being that you don't remember ‒ you think you do, but then you fall in love all over again, and you realise just how inadequate memories are for that feeling you get when you see someone right there in front of you and want them so bad.

This post was posted by Unknown at 2:57 am

Comments:

I might disagree with that one actually. Memories often suffice, if you've dated a now turned psychotropic drugs dependent boy - Haha, I love saying that! 

Post a Comment

<< Home