www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

 
"What a great age it is to be in."

(From a while back, I know) Weird and Wonderful World by the one-and-only Popagandhi, really rings true for me. My favourite paragraph goes:

And in the age of budget travel, a blogger raised in Rajasthan ends up working in Singapore, going off to Japan, China, Cambodia on weekends, and returning time and time again to China because he has a great affinity for that country. While another blogger, who calls this place her home and is of Chinese descent, goes off to Southeast Asia on weekends and term breaks, and returns again and again to India because of my great affinity for the subcontinent.

In my life too, everybody's moving; and it's nice to think they're all finding their ways back to the places that make them happy. It's a delicious thought to wrap your mind around, I think.

This post was posted by Unknown at 6:13 pm

Comments:

I have not returned to where I want to be. But then I'm not even sure where that is. 

Well, you have been all over ... which probably gives you more perspective than anyone else I know.

Maybe you'll find a place and just 'fit'. And maybe you won't, maybe you'll just wander your whole life through.

I just don't think it's worth thinking about much. I'm just happy Singapore fits me so well. =) 

Post a Comment

<< Home