www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

 
Birthday!

As usual, I have two birthdays this year. It's actually a whole lot better having two birthdays, actually: it gives you plently of time to just push back and have fun, lets you have two birthday breakfasts/lunches/dinners, confuses everybody (I've had atleast two "err ... should I wish you today or tomorrow?"s), and gives you the chance to have fun, take a breather - then get right back to having fun again! And that's not counting the usual random SMSs from all over, phone calls from friends far away, and all the other birthday hoo-ha. And of course, tomorrow is Gerard's birthday, and he certainly has stuff to celebrate; so hopefully that'll be fun too.

Since last post: we did go out for dinner, pretty much the whole lab; ate at Long John Silvers at VivoCity. Then the others went on for some more food (I think?), while I slipped off to Page One, a pretty nice bookstore. Looked through the music, but didn't find anything interesting (which means I'll probably blow money on Magnatune tomorrow!) Was just wondering around when I chanced upon my current favouritest book of all time, so bought that up. Then found The Shadow of the Wind, which I thought my sister would like, so bought that for her. Then I decided - heck - I was going to buy it sometime - and bought a very pretty hardbound "Complete Works of Shakespeare" thingie. Very cool!

Met up with friends again; we went to Ben 'n Jerry's for ice cream, then to Harry's for drinks. I'll slip in at this point that circumstantial similarities to previous engagements at Harry's did occur, but I feel I dealt with it a little better this time around. In short, where last time I stayed until the music ended, this time I left as soon as the music began to play. There's some music it just isn't fun to listen to alone, but why should you? Just get up and leave. I did.

Took the bus back home, then played a little bit of Medieval II: Total War by myself (defeated the Portuguese, after having defeated the Spanish yesterday; this gives me two other minor powers to my name, and also control over the entire Iberian peninsula), then multiplayer with Omar (he beat me silly), then multiplayer with Gerard (he beat me silly; like, death and blood and bones and so on). Then - as if I hadn't had enough fun in one day - watched the last half or so of The Tailor of Panama, a book I had a lot of fun reading. So yay!

As if all of this warn't enough, Xkcd has a new shirt I'm going to pre-order, and my uncomprehensiblicosuperpoweremessomessesalmokindsortasemialgorithm to read Nexus files just might have finally been tweaked all the way, so it both (a) works, and (b) implements pushBack(). What that means - if you can't read my mind, etc. - is that three-odd days of work might finally have come to a head, allowing me - finally! - to move on to more interesting avenues and better prospects. Yay!

Labels: , ,

This post was posted by Unknown at 4:08 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home