www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

 
Oh, just read the ____ novel!

Some quotes.

I was supposed to do this big write-up about how Anne Shirley (of Green Gables) is, along with Sara Crewe are modern-day Pollyanna (ironic, considering that both those books were published before Polyanna). Sara is a Pollyanna-character who keeps getting knocked down, but managed to pull together - quite a nice and brave story, I've always thought - but Anne Shirley is in another world together.

For starters, you'd have to hit her - tricky, as she's all over the place. And ... and ... crap, never you mind; I don't have the strength tonight, and Mr. Joyce (Ulysses), Mr. King (Stephen? 'nuff said), and Mr. Carey (who wrote True History of the Kelly Gang) so as you can see my life is pretty full right now.

Eeks. I go, I go. Please, for yourself, read a bit of Chapter two of Anne of Green Gables to discover the Anne Shirley I am rapidly developing a crush on.

This post was posted by Unknown at 12:22 am

Comments:

why the sudden crush on Anne of Green Gables...? (juan raises eyebrows)
i like anne too!!!! cried a few times when i was reading it in sec school..
hmm... have you read the whole series... ? until the last book which is on Anne's youngest daughter... 

I haven't even read Green Gables properly! Seen a lot of TV shows, movies, etc. etc.

That's partially why I'm putting it up bit-by-bit now ... so I get the chance to read it! 

Post a Comment

<< Home