www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

 
Some Fridays

Just got in to SPS, after getting caught in on heck of a rainstorm (I am going to come down with a cold after this, for sure). The funniest bit is that I didn't get caught in it, at all. I got to NUH, stopped for dinner, locked up my bike, and just as soon as I'd stepped under covers, it began to rain like Noah's flood (or a good Bombay shower - but then again, this is really an early April shower, isn't it?). So, after lunch, I had to walk out into the rain, unlock my bike, drag it up the steps and through the slippery Science fac, and into S16 dripping from head to toe - when, obviously, I had to step right back into the rain to get to the place you were supposed to lock your bike. I'm actually going to miss school, although I still can't wait to leave.

Saw Brokeback Mountain yesterday. I liked it; it was interesting, although I agree a lot with The Salon review of the movie. I like how the reviewer put it, "Brokeback Mountain" risks so much less than its characters do -- it's a closeted movie..

I had a thought. It's really no use joining up a high-profile, top-line, this-might-be-the-coolest-thing-eva-type job (such as the PSA one), only to (a) fall flat on my face through sheer lack of experience, or (b) be driving batshit insane by overwork and superstress. I mean, shit, I don't have to do this. I have patience. I can work my way up. Sure, I'd rather not have a bottom-line minimum-wage type job, but as long as growth prospects are around, why not? If I have to work like a maniac five days a week, that'll be fine, as long as I can get the last two off (or any variant thereof). As the guy says in What Should I Do With My Life?, all you really need is rent, food and beer-money. And I don't even need that last one.

Well, okay, it's not as simple as that, but short-term I wouldn't mind. I really wouldn't. And it would be a great opportunity to work up the people/leadership/etc. skills for something better. And, as a PR, options of alternative and employment-on-the-side are open to me. I think that's one of those things which I would really, really like - a nine-to-five job, a job where I can work like crazy all day, then go home at night and DO SOMETHING ELSE.

Atleast, that's what I'm thinking right now. All this might pass :P. Just one of the risks we take.

This post was posted by Unknown at 6:15 pm

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home