www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

 
Leadership, distance and rule

There's a lovely article in the OpinionJournal about Freedom at Midnight and lessons on leadership. My favourite paragraph:

If you are a leader, recognize what drives you. Know your motives. Mountbatten could have resisted partition, or slowed it, or lessened its impact. He was a decisive and dynamic man, a great one I think, but if he'd been capable of introspection, of self-analysis, of self-skepticism, he might have recognized and resisted his too-driven sense of Mission, and the personal vanity that was always, with him, a spur.

This post was posted by Unknown at 5:46 pm

Comments:

Hey honey- about time I frequented your blogs more often ey? *grins*...

Glad to know you're still somewhat alive, and... somewhat kicking.

Cannot believe that you're going to GRADUATE! How scary is that? Meanwhile, honours sucks. 

Heyyyy there!

I'm kickin', I'm kickin', although it's been a longcoldhardlooonly semester. Sigh. Just can't work. So complain a lot. BUT - only 38 days to go!!!

Yeah, I've heard hons can be bad; hang in there! The rewards (heck, the bragging rights alone!) are substantial. Do you have a blog? If not, I reserve the right to bug you every two weeks or so to see how you're doing ... oh, and have I tried to sell you on to 43Things yet? 

Someone I knew said pretty much the same thing. The best leaders are those who took a good hard look at themselves and thought of how to protect people from people like THEMSELVES. I did that, and scared myself by the atrocious motives that I so artfully camoflage by "just being nice"...woot.
Life is sweet. Just ran 6.4 km in 41 mins =). yay me 

Post a Comment

<< Home