www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Monday, October 23, 2006

 
It's A Jungle Out There

I like how some things are getting much more predictable. I knew - to within a couple of hours, mind - exactly when I was going to wake up; I had to reboot three or four times to get my audio card working, but I knew I'd be listening to "Tangled Up In Blue" before I went to sleep. In other ways, some parts of my life are getting nice and boring and /ordinary/. This sounds to be a nice thing - less things to think about, worry about, that sort of thing.

There was a very nice rain shower today, as well as a little bit more than a drizzle yesterday.

I want to do something like the Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Why? Because I really don't know about any suitable replacements, and I love H2G2, more for the feel than any single thing else. Okay, it's probably because I'm not well read enough, but I literally don't know any other book with that "the universe is a horrible, selfish, boring place where nothing you do matters - and that's /oh-kay/. Pull up a stool, order a drink, and chat up the strange creature with too many tentacles on your right. You don't know what's going to happen next, but it doesn't matter, and what with the end of Earth seconds away and all that, it matters even less, so drink up, spin down, and try to enjoy the few painful unsettling unhappy minutes you have left". Or something.

I can't wait to get started on my NaNoNovel, but I am scared it's going to be a total washout. Ah well, can't possibly be worse than "One Night Later".

It was 12:43am the very early morning of October 22, 2006, when I started writing this post. How cool is that?

I'm going to try writing this crap, just because. Which, really, is as good a cause as any, I guess. I'm also copying my White Album CD onto this computer. I wish I had my Simon and Garfunkel.

I'm starting to care so *much* about so much which is so incredibly banal. I love this. I'm so happy I could cry. And I've got friends who'd hate that.

Gross exaggeration, but what the hey. I'm horribly happy, and I'm horribly scared it's going to come crashing down all around me (it usually does), and I'm completely frightened of what's going to come next. That's why I need something like the Guide: it reminds me that however completely horribly bad things get, it's just a question of worming your way out of it. And that's not always quite as impossible as it seems.

I hope I can get around to cleaning up my room sometime this somewhat long weekend. And go out shopping for trousers. And just get paperwork and stuff in order somewhat.

I also love the song "Melbourne" by the Whitlams.

In love, with this girl
and with her town as well
Walking 'round the rainy city
     What a pity
There's things to do at home
     Things to do at home

It's just such completely a part of it all to fall in love with a girl and her town as well - while being such a completely romantic concept.

This post was posted by Unknown at 1:03 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home