www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Monday, April 05, 2004

 
Singapore Dawn
I sit in my lab, and look out the window. What do I see? It's morning. Dawn. The sun bleeds red on the horizon. Mixing with the clear blue of sky, it seeps into cotton-clouds and grey-ghosts. It turns buildings grey and thoughts dark. The clouds rise in wrath and darken in the distance. I flew in to Singapore from Bangalore, on a date I can't remember any more, early in the morning. I can still remember flying into uncertainty, Orion rising in my plane window, one creaky broken seat with a grumpy old man two seats down. And then meeting with the OSA appointed people - they were so nice! - who took me to KE. And hating it. And hating it and everything else. And most distinctly, I remember the clouds - soaking up the afterbirth of a newborn sun, hanging low and dark over the island below. Heralders to my home-away-from-home, a home I was to hate, then not mind so much, and now, can't imagine my life without. The sun rises, another day begins, and ... and? Is there an and? Of course there is. And, in a while, it will set. And night shall come. But should we be disappointed, we who have an entire day to do with as we please? I dun think so.

This post was posted by Unknown at 7:10 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home