www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Friday, February 25, 2005

 
Mad About You blues

For the second time today, something has reminded me of a Mad About You episode.

For those who haven't seen it, MAY is the single most romantic television show I know (yes, yes, I know, "in my humble opinion", etc. etc., but this is my blog). It's awesome, simply because the romance is almost never actually written into the script ... it just comes about, as the characters interact, live, breathe and dance together. Sort of like "I Love Lucy", except in a fast-paced zany New York way that nobody else can quite match.

And my favourite MAY episode - well, set of episodes - were the last two. Brilliantly done, beautifully poignant, mixing happiness with sadness, despair with triumph, keeping the jokes flowing as MAY always did, but keeping your eyes wet all the same. Man, was that good television.

Yeah, well ... doesn't really matter. Am just in one of those ... reminiscent, sad, lovelorn ... wishing, wanting, waiting ... you know the crap. Sheesh, Such horrid moods, these. And so friggin' tempting, you know, to just let myself go and fall for somebody for no good reason at all ...

Thankfully, a running combination of Eminem (and have you seen his new Mockingbird video? Not great, but quite nice), lab work, burnt fingers and all the rest of it, hopefully I'll hobble along somehow.

Mockingbird is now playing ... nice ... "things have got so bad between us, I don't see us, ever being together, ever again ... I guess it was never meant to be, but it's just something we have no control over and that's what destiny is". Yeah, that's it. That's the trick. Now focus, focus ...

This post was posted by Unknown at 2:29 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home