www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

 
Bored

Al Pacino's AFI Lifetime Achievement Award was on a good couple of hours ago. That was cool. Must be real cool to have that sort of function thrown for you, I guess. Everybody was really nice about it, too, no over-the-top OMG-HE-IZ-DA-KINGZ type dialogue or anything, blessed relief. Lots of fun, lots of jokes, lots of take-downs and nasty humour. I guess when you're at Mr. Pacino's level of career achievement, you can kid about them as much as you like because you know there isn't a chance in hell that anybody's going to take you seriously.

So, ah, life at the moment isn't much for the movements. It's almost two, and I'm dead sleepy (blessed relief), but other than that life is stagnant like a tiny fetid pond. Also the reading of much Questionable Content content isn't doing much good for me at all. So last night, I dreamt I was cycling around Bombay with a girl. No girl in particular, just a hypothetical concept-of-one type thing. And I was cycling! So obviously today I'm all "hmm what would it cost to get back to cycling and oh yeah I wonder where and how I can find a girl". I should probably go back to reading The Year ... Reis again: that's a good book to read at times like this, when you're wondering whether just sitting around doing nothing is in anyway a good way to get on with life (hint: it isn't, but this book will let you in on that slowly, with plenty of buffering and philosophy and literary references and everything). Which hopefully means I eventually (and quickly?) hit the bit where I'm just way too bored with the whole thing to not do something about it, so then I do do something about it, and then - gargh! - have to go back round to step 1. Ah, you know how it is, how it goes, right?

Also this video is pretty good, and I know I should probably listen to more than 1 minute of it before recommending it on but, you know what, it's the 00s, it does have to be good, it just has to be new (or obscure), either way.

Blbhlhlhblbhlh whatever. I guess I should just go and (try to) sleep or something. Y'know, give me something to do and all.

Labels: , , ,

This post was posted by Unknown at 1:36 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home