www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

 
The witness of mine own eyes.

'tis in the slightest exactly as was suppos'd: the mind and shape of the machine is as a wonder to behold, a beauty it has, a certain grace and bearing, that puts one in mind of awe as one approacheth, and that keeps one entranc'd long past the first contact. 'Tis naught but the work of a master designer, and yet in this day and age of consum'r and dirtyquick tools and technique that one so rarely sees such a masterpiece. Truely am I entranced, and 'twas the witness of my own eyes which convinced met.

And yet, and yet. Almost unconsciously - for the beauty of it, perhap - I reach for Alt-1, Alt-2. Naught do I reach for, but still wish for, the simplicity of Ctrl-Z (open new xterm). For a million reasons such as this will I keep my belov'd Karanth, five years old if a day, until he be living no more.

Such thoughts, though, bring forth to me hope, not despair. Such imperfections within this masterpiece are verily the instigator, the niche into which perhaps I could slip and hide, and code and wait. Let us see - there's so little to do, and so much time to do it in. No, wait. Reverse it. Okay, much better. Thank you.

Labels: ,

This post was posted by Unknown at 5:28 am

Comments:

macs are for lusers. the end. linux rocks the universe.
--your bitter friend who killed a mac 

Post a Comment

<< Home