www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

 
"Mad About The Boy"

Don't ask why, cos I'm not saying, but today I'm mad. Partially, it's just sheer frustration at the whole SysAd thing; at Kepler's unrelenting refusing to be contacted from the outside network. Partially, it's something else entirely, which I don't want to get into (and yes, this post will almost certainly vanish as soon as I've typed it out and had my shout, etc.)

I don't like this; this, being my life here right now. It has been - and, God willing, it will be - so incredibly, unbelievably awesome; but right here, right now, it just feels like a complete waste. What am I doing? I'm sitting in my room - an icky, mouldy room way out in the middle of nowhere, really, and so far away from KE and PGP, my haunts and "home" on campus. I am - or rather, was, before the existential angst of it all got to me - reading this unbelievably cruddy book by Amitav Ghosh. Cruddy. Gross. Very, very ugh. Right now, this kid-turned-man is telling this story at a part of how he once met and fell irrevocably in love with a woman, and of course the woman is there at the party, but he doesn't want to tell her directly. I mean, God, can you get more just plain weird>? Now, this would be okay and may be even slightly cute, if you glanced at it, but he goes on and on for two friggin' pages. I mean, Jesus, if you have to remind the audience of the first chapter of your book, you're not doing a very good job, are you?

That's why I'm here, incidently, just to see if I could do a better job. Ended up blogging and listening to SFF instead. God. Is it any wonder that I'm such an incredible loser?

Well, it's begun, any how. What? Who knows. Today. Tomorrow, maybe, even. The End? Certainly.

This post was posted by Unknown at 9:49 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home