www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

 
Writers are completely the weirdest things ever

Seriously. It just hit me sometime today (or yesterday - time gets very, very fluid when you're supposed to be "studying, but little else") that the play I'm trying to write, I'm writing because it's one of my great fears (has always been, before you jump to any conclusions regarding my present circumstances and situation).

And, in a crazy, right-of-normalcy sort of way, it makes sense. What better way of facing up to your fears than to make a story out of it, then act it out on a huge stage in front of family, friends and the ones you love? How better than to create caricatures of yourself, make them pitter-patter around for a while, and then - kaboom! - spring your surprise on them right there in Act III? If they make it to Act V, you're okay, you'll live, and if they can't - well, you know if your Worst Fear Ever springs up on you, atleast you'll go off with a great story.

Yes, I'm suffering from writer's block. What's worse, I'm suffering from mild RSI in my right arm :(. I came back from dinner and fell asleep, and when I woke up, I made up a dirty poem. About dogs. That's weird, even by my standards.

(If you want to read something else which is weird, you should check out Overcompensating, a comic strip/blog by Jeffrey Rowland of Wigu fame)

Also, would love comments on this, if you have the time. Seems strangely relevant to the story ... oh hey, actually, just read the whole thread - interesting snapshot of people, places, happiness, sadness, and life. Sigh. The stuff of stories. The stuff I am (atleast technically) forbidden.

On the good side, one week from tomorrow (Thursday), ALL BUT ONE of my exams will be done! Weary grins all around. Back to work? Or sleep?

Well, something more productive than this, anyhow.

This post was posted by Unknown at 2:07 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home