www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

 
Because I can

Well, it's 11:08. I'll have to get ready within 30-40 minutes to stay on time for Shruti's party, something which is entirely do-able, so I'm instead wasting time lying around and Thinking About Things.

So: in a remarkable break from the last few days, I'm going to talk about Things in General!

Life is surprisingly good right now, all things considered. Desperately need more myself/relax-time (consider extra-ordinary wastage of yesterday and day before etc), but other than that, I have been "hanging out" left, right and center since the day before (come to think of it, I haven't had a single meal by myself since Friday's lunch! ... oh, no, wait, Saturday lunch the First was by myself ...)

I like socializing, so this isn't a bad thing at all. I *love* hanging out with friends in small groups, which is Exactly what has been happening, so that's even better.

In lab, as in life, things are good. My code doth compile, and my software shines on the screen with Fonts of Many Colours. Naturally, the longer you batter a design, the more faults you're likely to find in it, but the fault-finding has grown rarer and rarer, which means I feel like I can put more and more faith in the program itself, which is nice.

What else? Well, things also feel like they're slowly spiralling out ... it's probably an illusion, strengthened by improbability loops (I'm looking for a songs *again*, and a whole CD this time, for instance), but the feeling is one of a toy, whose string has been pulled, and which is now winding down ... I guess it's the excitement/fear/nostalgia/etc of leaving college? For instance, there is a slim chance that I might get my chance to do the freelance web thingie thingie, which would ... but that's way too far in the future to worry about just yet.

Another cool thing: there's so many *near* things to keep me occupied, that the unwinding clock is only in the background. There's going back home sometime next month; there's the Next Big Move at the end of the month, there's all kinds of little oohs-and-aahs still finding their way into TaxonDNA, and of course the long-suffering SPS website. Double/triple "Gah!" (my new favourite phrase!), but I guess it's better to be overworked than under.

*Crows* Life is good!

p.s. It wasn't just my without-glasses-eyesight. It's started raining. Oh bugger. Wait a minute - as long as I don't take my camera, that's a GOOD thing, eh?

p.p.s. Two nights ago I accidently bought a *very* pretty edition of Lolita. So far, so good, although I'm waiting until Ms. Dolores Haze Herself turns up before passing judgement. Thus far, it's a very interesting mixed up kind of book - it's a man talking about his own perverted sexuality with all the attention and excitement that entails, and with a mad sense of purpose underlying everything. Now, if only I'd accidently bought "The Year of the Death of Ricardo Reis" ... :p

This post was posted by Unknown at 10:53 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home