www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

 
The Week To Come

Maybe staying up all night to watch Evangelion wasn't such a good idea.

I'm excited at all the new changes going on. Over the next two days, I'm going to be organising my move out of 78 Yong Siak and back into Singapore (119081) - that's Old KR/Ridge View Residences, somehow I don't know it's road number but I do know its PIN code. More fun: I'll only be checking in on Monday, so hopefully everything will be shunted ON MONDAY. Clothes are ready to go (except for the enormous pile which is to be taken over to the Salvation Army, which only opens at 9am on Monday). At present, the plan looks roughly like this:

  1. Go home tomorrow on the first/second bus (6:00am), do my all-new-and-improved exercise routine (which is coming along well!), go to sleep.
  2. Wake up ... sometime. (Nice and vague, that. It does not look like much work will get done this weekend). Work on "One Night Later" (see note below).
  3. Pack up books into the Huge Plastic Containers (it's for the best; if necessary, I'll shift it to my last bag on Monday).
  4. Stuff non-destructibles into the clothes bags. Destructibles are anything which won't splatter, spill or break-unleashing-ickiness while in transit.
  5. Line up destructibles. Anything I need goes into plastic bags which I carry on Monday, so that splatter etc. will be immediately observed etc. Plus, this means I get to take especial care of them, which is always nice.
  6. Clothes, maybe one of the HPCs go with me on Monday morning. It should be handleable. It would be nice if I could get someone to watch over the stuff below, but worst-case, I can put them beside the shop, I guess. Attempting both HPCs is probably not worth the pain.
  7. Go back to house after checking in on Monday. Clean up a bit (which means that the mop comes with me on trip #2, I guess :p). Maybe walk down to the Salvation Army with the stuff, and grab food on the way there/back. Once I have the place half decent, and made sure that nothing went missing (the Unmissables - passport, laptop, etc. - come with me in my backpack on Monday. Unless I bring my laptop to the lab on Sunday.
  8. After I hand over the keys, I bring the second HPC and stuff anything which remains into the Remains of the Last Suitcase. With a plentiful throwing away of newspapers, this should suffice. I hope.
  9. If all else fails, I leave an HPC behind and ask my LL to put it in the corridor etc. like he did for my last guy. It'll be a pain, so I'll avoid it if I can.

Ha! Which, unfortunately, gives me all of tomorrow-awake-time to try and finish One Night Later, the play I've been working on - on and off - since atleast mid-2005, probably mid-2004 to boot. I sincerely hope that I manage to finish it - and soon, because there are two rather important deadlines I'm hoping to meet. Plus, there's that needling little hope that just having a script out might poke me into writing more. It really is a lot of fun, particularly now that everything's working out so well (in the story), although I'm not very sure where we're going to go next, and that continuous pressure of surprising the audience (now what?, they should say, over and over and f-ing over) is daunting. But I'm vaguely confident of finishing it up this week if I don't get too caught up on other things.

Ah, caught up in other things ... as of May 31st, I am officially unemployed, and to tell you the truth, I can't wait. I am probably going to deliberately avoid the job hunt a little bit more so that I can sit down, take (several) deep breaths, and think through things. But let's see. It's all random, and I get bored so quickly. Plus, with all the new things I want to buy (Evangelion, wireless router, server), real money on the table every month would be brilliant.

Actually, that's a very good summary of the way I feel right now: it's all kinda crazy and spinning just outside the "optimal" range; but atleast it's (to jump metaphors) a new kind of f- up. It's not the old f- up, which makes it kinda like an adventure, which makes it kinda like a holiday, which I really need now. Viva la new experiences!

Now, back to NGE ...

This post was posted by Unknown at 12:42 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home