www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Monday, September 04, 2006

 
On a day like today

Check this out:

So I wake up late, as usual. Considering that I was rolling around until 3-something last night, not particularly surprising, I guess. But my timing was pretty good too: I woke up Exactly at 10am. Since I'm supposed to get to work by 8:30, this was bad; but since I try to make sure I'm not there later than 10 (I generally get up around 9-9:30 or so), this was both pretty bad. Also, because it was after ten, I didn't feel like rushing - since I wasn't getting there before 11 anyway, I might as well take my time and end up there in a semi-comfortable state.

Lab was okay, I guess. My code compileth - I did get plenty tangled up with a lot of very frustrating bugs, but managed to sort most of them out. Hopefully (ha!), we're close to closing every last majorly irritating bug on the list, at which point I'll fork SpeciesIdentifier/GenBankExplorer, and hope for the best!

Then: found out the Afa didn't like my design for the website. I mean, that's fine: they were really nice about it, I might try something else, and hey, you _are_ going to get rejected a couple of times at least, right? That's where things started going downhill somewhat though.

For starters, I missed BOTH buses - the 'A' back to lab, and the 151 back home. I get back home kinda hungryish, so I get bread and cheese, get back home, walk through the hall, and - splat! - down on my ass.

Why? Because some idiot had left a puddle of water in the hall. It wasn't just a spill - it was literally a PUDDLE. A thin layer of water, sitting there in the dark. I didn't really have a chance.

Luckily, no permanent damage - except that my White Album (my Expensive, bought-yesterday-after-months-of-considering-buying-it White album) got a crack. Haven't check to see how the CD is, but the case got cracked. This is a CD I have been intimately protecting for the last twenty four hours straight, because my tape at home has a crack, and I wanted this one to last pristine and shiny for a while to come.

Sigh. Oh, and I'm depressed because there's yet another pointless death this year. Well, all deaths are pointless, but ... I don't know. It's all very depressing. Can't wait for this damned year to end.

This post was posted by Unknown at 9:57 pm

Comments:

Gaurav, are you a labtech now? Are you going to grad school?
Survived my first day. Never imagined that even with my comparative "overeducation", I would still hyperventilate in front of vocation EMTs who don't have college degrees. But the cockiness of the premeds irks me even more...I guess humility is always good =) 

Post a Comment

<< Home