www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Friday, April 27, 2007

 
Blogging from Changi Airport

I'm through check-in and emmigration, so it's much too late to worry about anything I've forgotten/screwed up; at this point, it'll have to be explained, rather than fixed, so eh.

I have to stay, this was the quickest I've ever gotten through check-in/emmig: for one, I've only got one document this time, rather than three (passport instead of passport+student pass+multiple entry visa); for another, I checked-in online at the British Airway's website (very easy to use, and completely Firefox compatible, btw), and only have to duck my bags in, and for a third, the baggage lines were almost completely empty. So there.

It's always a pleasure getting to Changi; travel was decent, despite travelling during peak hours, and my cabbie gave me a long lecture on Comfort cabs and their evil ways (he'd transitioned to Premier at the start of the year). Money exchange was quick and easy, check-in was (as mentioned) botherless, and emmigration was a breeze (the officer seemed to give me an approving nod when she finally found the Re-entry permit tucked away at the end of my passport). Now it's two-or-so hours of boredom, followed by thirteen-odd hours of boredom in a little metal tube high in the sky.

The plan: on landing, clear immigration and be at one with my brand-new bag; call Zuji up, and cancel my hotel booking; then take the Heathrow Express into Paddington Station - my first bit of open defiance this holiday. I suppose if you're going to do it, you might as well start early, eh? Or: if 'twere done that 'twere done, 'tis best 'twere done at the earliest.

See you on the other side!

Labels: , ,

This post was posted by Unknown at 8:38 pm

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home