www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

 
Karanth complaining

My old computer, Karanth, is finally(!) starting to show his age. At almost five years of age (with pretty much continuous use throughout - he's still my check-mail-and-blog computer, after Bathgadhtsey has been put away for the night), he hadn't yet shown any problem I couldn't blame on Linux compatibility (i.e. CD drive stopped working, sound stopped working, Microsoft(R) Windows(TM) stopped working). At long last, and after much overwork, the "," key on my keyboard has finally given out. And by given out, I mean *gone* out. Like, fallen off. Literally. How cool is that?

Am finally getting a hang of Objective C. Man, it's quite something. I can't figure out if it's amazingly *good* or amazingly *bad* yet, though. I mean, outlets instead of getDlgItem()? On the other hand, I can get over neither Objective C's own prettiness, nor the way IB manages window resizings.

Was chatting with Rohit today, and he made the very good point that it's not much use going the whole publish-my-own-software route if I really wanted out of programming, which makes sense. Hmmm.

Have just realised that the "," key cover is on the key NEXT to the "," key. I can't remember switching that around today! Did that happen today at all, or has it been around forever and I just never noticed? Creepy!

Labels: , , , ,

This post was posted by Unknown at 4:16 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home