www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

 
Civ4: Getting Better

The good news: today's Civ4 game is going a lot better than yesterdays! My assault on Montezuma and his hordes went a lot better today, results in the complete destruction of his civilization in the late middle ages (when technological limitations had kept him back in the early middle ages, which made my job easier! Unfortunately, I had no horses anywhere in my land, which is exactly why I had to land-grab Montezuma's area, so my only real advantage was an absolute barrage of elephants, which still took a while to grab anything).

The year 1700 just went by. I have risen from being a middling Civilization to into the top three, by points; I'm the largest Civilization by land (having grabbed the Aztecs'). By power, I'm still vaguely middling; I build up reserve troops occasionally, but in a very haphazard manner.

International relations have gotten worse, either through jealousies or general tensions. My neighbours aren't doing so well: Persia is being rapidly and ravenously devoured by France, the most powerful nation in the world. It's salami tactics: a quick tussle, a city grabbed, a city lost, a city recovered; and then peace breaks out again. Persia is down to three cities! Mali is doing reasonably well, but also has pressure. Earlier, Persia and Mali were "fronting" for me with France - however hostile they got (it took a lot of placating to ensure that war never broke out between us), I knew it would be hard for them to attack me directly because Mali and Persia completely blocked France from me, preventing him from getting at me. I'm not being so nice (French soldiers can cross my borders to get at the Mali all they want, for now). And as if all that isn't worrying enough, the Mongolians are getting angrier and angrier at me, and they're probably the most powerful naval power at the moment. Most of my army is towards the interior, and I have no navy to speak of: if they invade, I'm going to get very, very angry. I should probably build up my navy to prevent this.

And should I attack France at some point of time? Not unless Mongolia is off my back, I guess. Let's see!

Random haiku I liked off of Slashdot, ostensibly by Matsuo Bashō:

will you turn toward me?
I am lonely too,
this autumn nightfall

Good night, everybody; everybody, good night. (But not me; I'm going to get something to eat now, and then maybe laze around until 3 or thereabouts ...)

Labels: ,

This post was posted by Unknown at 12:46 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home