www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Monday, May 17, 2004

 
Half a recess week!
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present: probably the most amazing bureaucratic decision *ever*! Okay, the situation: we had a recess week in the middle of the semester. A brilliant idea, all around - a week, so plenty of time to go for a holiday, chill, hang out with friends, whatever. But - for some weird reason, related to SARS if I'm not wrong - this got cancelled last year. They basically took out the week and put it in at the end, so college ended a week early. Bad decision. Everybody hated it. Apart from just "not having a holiday", the slackers in college (myself included) needed it as a wakeup call. It was also very convenient for midterms - we had them all either in the week just before or just after recess. And it was a chance to prepare for the same if it was all just a mystery to you. So the Student's Union goes to the college and complains. A year of negotiations later, profs are coming and asking us about our opinion, so maybe this is getting somewhere! But today (well, actually yesterday), the decision is e-mailed to us all, and here it is: We are to have half a recess week. Half a recess week! Our recess week will consist of the days Monday to Thursday. Friday will be a working day. I very simply don't see the logic at all (well, I'm sleepy, but I still think I have a valid point!) Why half a recess week? I mean, what's their point? We used have a whole week, didn't we? Something tells me this came about as a "Okay, so we want recess week" - "you can't have a week!" - "how about Half a week?" - "hmmm..." dialogue. I wouldn't put it past them ...

This post was posted by Unknown at 10:21 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home