www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

 
Quickie
Hello, The title might be a bit of a blunder, because I'm sleepy, and when I'm sleepy, I'm likely to ramble on incoherently for a while, so bear with me. I'm dead sleepy (it feels so nice to be dead sleepy at 1:30am! Ah, the simple pleasures of life!) I had atleast three things to write about, but I've already forgotten one (hmm ...) so let me see if I can blunder my way through the others. 1. GANDHI You've got to admire the man. What he did - whatever his motives, reasons, beliefs, etc - it took guts. He wanted to make a saint out of himself - he honestly, truely aspired (from what I've heard, anyways) to Sainthood. That's always ambitious. You can't help but admire a man who sets out to do something so outrageous, and then pulls it off like no-one before or since. Also, I admire a man with that much sheer charisma. Twice - first in the 1920s, and then in the 1930s - he brought the whole of India to a standstill, making the strongest, more veherment oppositions the British Raj had yet seen, on a nationwide scale unimagined before, and all the while trying not to shed a drop of the invader's blood. Whenever I read or watch anything to do with Gandhi, the message I always come away with is: find something which motivates you to no end, then pursue it with everything you've got. Unfortunately, that first step has got me stumped. And I'm worried whether I can - or have - done anything about it. 2. LOVE Okay, weird jump there, I'd admit, but trust me that this is coming from an entirely different part of my brain entirely. This is something close to me, so I'll talk in riddles for a while (bored readers are invited to skip ahead to section three, where the talk will liven up a bit, and we shall see some talk about how the above two sections relate to *me*, the Blog Writer). Right. Love. How sure are we about the preconcieved notions of what - for want of a better name - we call love. What do we really know about this mysterious force, this driver of lives? I mean, to a large degree, an arranged marraige contravenes my idea of what love should be all about. If asked, I'm still going to refuse an arranged marraige (chorus of "nobody asked you!" ... ah well. Just as a side point, my cat is farting like crazy tonight. Weird.) But yeah. I would. But I know friends who would be fine with an arranged wedding, and friends-of-friends who believe that it's the better option, even. But so far, I've seen so many examples of arranged marraiges which WORK. The dynamics are always weird (well, not always. I shall maintain strict secrecy on whom I'm talking about, but I know atleast one couple who I know barely met before their wedding, and yet - immediately after it - looked, talked and acted like the closest of friends). (My cat has now gotten up, walked over, and snuggled up into the side of my chest. It's such a nice feeling being loved!) I suppose the lesson ought to be: don't overpredict love. You can't box it with other emotions or try and predict what it's supposed to be from books, television or - heck, let's admit it - friends and family. Maybe "true" love doesn't exist. Then again, maybe it does, and wouldn't it be worth it, if it did? Would it be worth the wait to know? I think it would. 3. LIFE Yeah. Life. *Mine*. Simply put, how to set things up such that I have roti, kapda aur makan? A hard question, for a man of my questionable interest in life. I really, honestly have no clue. I have so many things that I've wanted to become, every once in a while. When you get down to it, the only options which remain for any amount of time are environmentalist and zookeeper (in reverse order of wanting-to-be). Both seem interesting, but I feel I'm unqualified for both. But then? I'm just so confused ... (and *cut*. That's all I have to say on that subject. For now.) I suppose it's holidays, so I should/could scout up on job prospects and see what turns up ... maybe, just maybe! Who can say?

This post was posted by Unknown at 3:57 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home