www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 
Makin' it one, for my baby, and one more (for the road)

I thought I might as well, you know, now that I'm leaving lab for the next three weeks (always get kinda sad leaving lab! It's like leaving home, except ... unlike home, it's always changing; you never know what you're coming back to, what's going to change next, etc.), and after I've - for once! - had a good night of coding.

The new code (although it won't get to work for another three weeks) runs. It works. It's strange, and needs much elegantification, but it's not too bad. It's a positive note. I like positive notes. It's something to look back on, something to look forward to. It's a memory which will evaporate in the light of the sun, but whose scent will remain for an hour, a day, a minute. Whatever.

I'm going to go home now. Shower, maybe. Sleep. A lot. As much as possible.

Wake up ... dunno. If I wake up at eight, I rush to the airport. If I wake at six, I move slower. If I wake up by four, I get to go shopping first. Like that. I guess, mentally, I've left Singapore already. All that's left is for my feet to follow my head.

And then? Who knows. Who cares? Sri Lanka airport. Bangalore airport. Home. Sleep. Maybe chat. Maybe call, but probably not as soon as tomorrow - or maybe. Maybe I'll get lonely. Maybe I'll miss everybody for a day or two (it happens). Maybe I'll pop right in. Maybe I'll fall in love, and maybe I won't. Maybe I'll discover something I didn't know, and maybe I'll have the most boring three weeks of my life. Maybe I'll make new friends, and maybe I'll loose the ones I've got. Maybe I'll take pictures ... lots of pictures ... and maybe my camera will mysteriously stop working tomorrow.

It's random, painful, scary, but no longer terrifying. It's empty, hollow, lonely, and yet there's always another nook or cranny to poke into. It's huge, enormous, uncharted, but if you've got a bicycle and you want to go, there's really no saying where you'll end up.

That's life. Hate it or love it, you've got to play it. A happy roll of the die to all my friends, and anybody else reading this. Don't know if I'll be blogging from India, or if I'll be keeping my Flick happy, or even 43T. God only knows if I'll even be alive tomorrow. What're you going to do?

Easy. Pick up the bicycle and keep going. Can't be that hard.

This post was posted by Unknown at 6:28 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home