www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

 
So now

To start off, this crazy country never stops surprising me. And this post is interesting, if a little drawn out and tedious.

There is good news. The weather is finally turning: I could have slept without aircon or a fan tonight if I was so inclined.

There is, also, bad news. Both last week and this week so far have been tedious, boring weeks without much to recommend them. Last week was spent trying to catch up on Singapore time, the weekend on catching up on sleep, and this week catching up on work from last week. I woke up today at 2pm from right in the middle of a dream, which is always awful because your mind is all over the place and all you (well, I) can do is sit and wait for it to gather itself together. Ugh.

This might be a reaction to London. London's full of little alleyways which wind off in odd directions: it's a walker's paradise, with a million roads to walk down and discover something new. Chelsea or Southwark could keep me happily occupied for years. Singapore just doesn't have that, except maybe for bits in Bugis. Otherwise, it's HDBs far as the eye can see.

I know (hope?) that I'm just looking at the bad side, and the good side's going to pop up at me soon enough and all that. The one positive hope is that I am bored; generally, this leads to me doing something about the boredom, which last for a good while. Of course, it won't be that straightforward: expect another extension when I fly home (Bombay-Calicut-Bombay-Pune-Bombay - in just over a week, no less!). But - no, wait, BUT! - as of June 21, 2007, I am unemployed again. Good stuff.

I am really, really, really looking forward to that.

Labels: , , , , ,

This post was posted by Unknown at 11:51 pm

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home