www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

 
Forgetting to mention

When I come home every night, the last thing I see before I enter the house is Orion, standing tall across the sky, exactly in my path, with Sirius low near the horizon. It's so reassuring to see, proof undeniable of the incredible insignificance of everything. It's very reassuring.

Worked on Folsom just a little today, which is nice. It's such a great experience to just write programs for yourself, to do with as you will - you have so much time to make it come out just right. Perfection is hard, but there's so much more you think about if you just have a minute to think before having to write it down.

I've been watching good/great movies for a while, in addition to my other TV watching; saw much of Ed Wood (great), all of One Night At McCool's (good/great), about fifteen minutes of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (great/good? Well, I do like the opening in any case), and then all of Lord of War (great? Brilliant! Fantastic! Amazing!). Now I'm watching the closing of Final Fantasy XII (the video game, not a movie or anything). It's quite nice and fun. Big musical finales - always fun.

There's not much else to say. There's not much else I can say, or do, or think. It's 2:42 am - well, 2:43 am now. So I'd best be getting along to bed, I guess. I've got some nice books to take with me, so it's all right.

Life is pretty all right right now; so I've got nothing to complain about, except that I really ought to be getting more sleep. Ah well, it'll happen. I'm having the travel itches again - considering that my last trip cost me about 200$ for transport ... even at my current salary, I can still make a trip every two months or so and not really think about it. I ought to, really. It's one lonely planet out there - let's go exploring!

This post was posted by Unknown at 2:06 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home