www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 
Might as well

I was just about to get up and go back home, but I figured there's very little chance I'll blog once I get back home, and do have stuff I want to write about. So.

New Year's Day couldn't be better, in my humble opinion. Woke up late-ish. Hung around until Viks came over, then him, me and Atiyab watched Neon Genesis Evangelion from about 5:30pm to about 6:30am the next morning. Good times. We cracked open (with great difficulty; let it be recorded that Atiyab made the final, successful assault) a very nice Australian Shiraz wine at midnight; it was pretty heavily alcoholic (14%, I think), but the taste was brilliant. Eva was fun as always, and this is the first time I got to watch the whole series in one shot, and it was good to see the first sunrise of 2007 before going to sleep.

We got two days off (Monday, Jan 1, for New Years', and Tuesday, Jan 2, because Hari Raya Haji fell on Dec 31, and was pushed on), but I didn't know that, and was very pissed off with how late I came in today. Luckily, I didn't need to come in on time at all!

Unfortunately, seeing how I'm blogging at 12:16am, before a 40 minute walk back home, it doesn't look like tomorrow is going to be all that early either. Sigh.

Had a nice chat with home on Sunday night. I think everybody was pretty relieved to be out of this year, and only moderately apprehensive about the next, which was nice. We talked about my blood tests, and what comes next, and so on. Pretty nice. A lot of (moderately) old friends seem to be popping out of the woodwork as well. Also, this is the year I apply places, etc.! How exciting.

Chatted with Rohit today, which was nice. He's a great source of information on 'merican graduate schools, having been there, done that. Surprisingly enough, he took my suggestion, and visited the zoo. Odd, that. Still, his social life is improving, so what can I say, but all the best?

There was something else ... sigh. There's too much else. I need to respond to one of Rivka's posts on languages and intergenerational communication. I know what that feels like!

I have 36 tabs open in Opera, quite astounding. I'm impressed. And it's 12:30am. I'm outta here. I just needed to record that my health was okayish, life could be (much, much) worse, and things are hopefully just going to get more interesting (with a new UROPS I'm involved with, WebAdmin training going strong, and no end of new year resolution flying about like so much dust in the air).

So, err, yeah. Let's see.

Labels: , ,

This post was posted by Unknown at 12:08 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home