www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

 
Motes

Just want to register my disdain at still being up at 7am (stupid cough keeping me then, then screwing up my sleep schedule so it's hard to get back to normal), my anger for the programming bugs in Rome: Total War which plague me to the ends of the world, but somehow don't affect anybody else playing that game I know, my love for those who called me up to wish me happy birthday (which it was yesterday, on Friday the 16th, according to the lunar/Hindu/Marathi calendar), gladness that I'm finally well and truely recovering from sicknesses and hopefully well on the path to normality, hooray-ness that Chinese New Year is here at last, a fantastic time for us non-Chinese Singaporeans to have fun, and the morbid recollection that atleast one of the two computers I bought in the last year (I refer to wakywaky, Shruti's old computer) has many strange and fascinating issues, from the power randomly going off to my (custom) Linux kernel refusing to boot up properly on it (yet); it should, however, be noted that Ubuntu worked almost perfectly from the get-go, except for X-Windows (which I'll need if I'm going to play games/write software on this thing) and the power (which I'll need if I'm going to keep it running at all hours as a server machine). So, sigh. I'll potter around with it a bit more, and if there's no dice, I'll just give up on it, move on to Bathsheba, and, err, I don't know - keep it on or a momento, or something? Or just something to tinker with. After the frustrations I go through with R:TW, it's such a blessed relief to know that the computer will (probably) not just up and out, all by itself, for no good reason - that some level of tinkering, googling, and what have you, *should* provide a reasonable answer, and teach me something new in the process. Anybody can lead a rag-tag band of 300+ Britons against a city protecting 600+ Frenchmen - but how many people can correctly determine the one Linux kernel command-line option which stop the kernel from going off into a panic loop, thus allowing you to concentrate on the next kernel panic? Not too many, I'm guessing!

And, by the way, have you seen Get A First Life? Very cute, that.

Labels: ,

This post was posted by Unknown at 6:43 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home