www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

 
What I'm doing *right now*

Sitting in the living room. The lights are dimmish. The TV is off, and not a creature is stirring etc.

My headphones are on. The final bars of Beethoven's 5th Piano Concerto are just rolling to a close; I think that's the final 'exclamations' from the orchestra ... yes, silence. And now, ahhh ... the gentle orchestration of Beethoven's 6th symphony (first movement) are pouring across my head now. Ah, beautiful, beautiful ...

Mmmm. It's all very pleasant and pleasing and relaxing. I should really do this more often.

My playlist for the night (all compositions by Beethoven unless noted otherwise):

  1. Yellow Submarine, by the Beatles.
  2. Piano Concerto No. 4, Andante
  3. Piano Concerto No. 5 "Emperor", Rondo:allegro
  4. Symphony No. 6 "Pastoral", Allegro ma non troppo
  5. Piano Sonata No. 8 "Pathétique", Adagio
  6. Bagatelle in A minor "Für Elise"
  7. Symphony No. 5, Allegro con brio
  8. Piano Sonata No. 14 "Moonlight", Adagio sostenuto
  9. Symphony No. 9, Allegro assai "Ode to Joy"

Now, off with you. Leave me to my music.

Labels: , ,

This post was posted by Unknown at 9:25 pm

Comments:

I rolled out of my desk this morning to find Chopin's E-flat Nocturne and the Adagio sosteuno movement of Beethoven's moonlight rolling out under my fingers. More satisfying than listening to it perhaps...more sensuous. 

Post a Comment

<< Home