www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

 
Why I love the Goons, #1

One of the bestest things about the Goons is, once you listen to them for any length of time, you start thinking like them. There was a lovely gag in this week's Goon Show on BBC Radio 7: a German spy is marched in to see Maj. Bloodnok, an interview ensues. At the end of it, the Major orders the spy lead back to his quarters. We hear the sentry barking orders, and military-precise footsteps marching into the distance. As the footsteps (finally) die away, the Major muses: "What a fine officer that man is". The spy then quips: "Then what did he leave me behind for?".

I'm sorry, I'm horrible at humour. Perhaps you had to be there?

On TV is a scene with a man and a woman, riding on a cart. The man is driving the horse at breakneck speed, and the poor beast is whinying and snorting. I can just imagine the man suddenly saying: "pardon me, I've caught a cold of some kind" or some such line.

Perhaps you had to be there, too.

Labels: ,

This post was posted by Unknown at 2:26 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home