www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

 
"I'm sorry for everything!"

Well, sometimes I am. But mostly I think that means I'm sorry for the way things are, and the way things turned out.

I'm sorry for all the wrong turns, and I'm sorry for all the right turns (because they got mis-turned by the wrong turns, and are now they are turns trapped behind the veil of the past; and you can watch them floating, but you can't touch). I'm sorry for the bits I got wrong, and for the bits I got right, too. I'm sorry for the mistakes I've made, and occasionally for the rights I've done too.

The trick is realising that regret is a part of life, and is a result of us being severely limited selfish beings: we want what's best for us. Some religions advocate that what's happening, all the time, is what's best for everyone. Me, I say: the world is at the world is. Live with it. And the faster you jettison the past, the faster you can move into the future.

This post was posted by Unknown at 1:04 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home