www.flickr.com

Latestest

This can usually be found on Twitter.

Friday, July 07, 2006

 
How different are things?

I have to relearn all my Opera shortcuts (well – get used to them again, rather, I guess). I mean, I got over using Ctrl-T instead of Ctrl-N once, didn't I?

Crap. I just did the wiggle-finger-on-trackpad thing, without realising that MY LAPTOP DOESN'T HAVE A TRACKPAD. I still love you, baby, I promise.

I'm also hitting the pg up/pg dn keys perfectly for the laptop at home ... and then wondering how come I go to the top/bottom of the page instead!

Gah. Oh, well. Another day, another destiny, and such simpering simplifications

p.s. I have to say, Srilankan isn't that bad! Like, somewhere between Indian Airlines and Jet Airways. That I had to bring up the I.A. name is a bad sign unto itself, but considering that it's a good 100$ cheaper than the Almighty Singapore Airlines (which knocks Emirates flat, imho), it might show up on my itinery more often.

p.p.s. When I went thru Bandaranaike last, it was late at night and All Was Good. This time, though the stopover was much shorter, there were people around. Apparently there's guys who'll help you in the toilet (greet you, walk you around – I wish I were joking – and get you paper to dry your hands with) in return for a tip. I gave the first time some money 'cos he was old and I was taken by surprise. The next guy I offered a really low sum, and when he refused it, I just shrugged and walked off.

Of course, what this means is that these guys now STAND OUTSIDE THE TOILET AND HAWK THE TOILET. I mean, wow. In a another couple of years, it'll be all, “Come piss in my stall, good sir!” Ah, the joys of marketing.

I'm going to clean out my Gmail in a bit, which means making decisions like – do I want incessant mail from

I liked “Keeping Mum”. As Gerard pointed out, it's definitely going to have problems with Rowan Atkinson's stereotyping – but once you realise that he (and his son) are the only “straight” guys (straight as in not funny, not heterosexual) in the movie. And I thought he did it quite well, all things considered – it was good fun watching Rowan Atkinson being out-funnied by Kristin Scott Thomas (who was cute, btw! Maybe just the accent) and sweet-ol-granny Maggie Smith (who was hilarious, I thought. It might have been the stuck-on-a-plane thing).

Airbus (or Srilankan) really need to get seating more comfortable. Why should you HAVE to force your chair to angle back when the guy in front of you does, cos otherwise you've got a chair just barely in front of your face? And why aren't my feet as comfortable as they are on a Boeing? Is it the lack of a footrest?

Drank too much Gin-and-Tonic on flight. Or rather, only drank one but it was strong. Shouldn't have tried to finish it. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Something important I had to write down before I forgot. Singapore sunrise amazing as usual, had conversation with airhostess (and taxi driver, though that goes almost without saying), sat next to cute-ish girl before getting onto Colombo-Singapore flight – without noticing, but ... they weren't it. What was?

Oh - the pilot on Bangalore-Colombo taxied the plane FAST. I mean, he was pretty quick for a plane on the TAXIWAY ... but when he got to the runway, he basically put the pedal to the metal while taking it to the end before turning and taking off (he/she/etc.; I'm used to using 'he', I'm sorry)

That might be it. Oh well. Hardly worth remembering.

This post was posted by Unknown at 9:03 am

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home